Saturday, January 11, 2014

A birthing experience that I would like to share is that from my own. I have a two year old daughter that is my one and only child. What I remember the most about the event is the pain that I was in for a long period of time.  I couldn't imagine how much pain labor entailed. I remember being in labor for about 24 hours and 12 of them without any medication. In the end I had an emergency C-section due to my daughter not being in the birth after a period of time she was stuck. I remember my family was present the entire time and my husband stayed by my side. The epidural that I was administered took the edge off of the pain for a while but I still felt most of it. I was so exhausted from the medication that I passed out after I heard her cry for the first time. Allot of that time after surgery was kind of a blur; but with a beautiful and healthy baby. I chose this as an example because it has been the only birth that I have witnessed or been apart of my whole life.  

My opinion about birth and the impact on child development is; that its very important that mothers get prenatal care as soon as possible. Also to become educated to be aware of the signs of early labor. Being sure that they see a physician in this period of time is important to health of the baby and mother. I feel that women are putting themselves and their children at risk when they do not seek medical assistance during such a challenging ordeal. With out the proper care from birth a child will have an increased risk of not surviving. In Denmark their birthing experiences are similar; in which they use hospitals for births and infants are vaccinated as in the U.S. Although, in Denmark the mother receives three to six months off for maternity leave that is shared with the father is different in the U.S. Mothers in the U.S are only given a guarantee of six weeks of maternity leave; that typically is not shared. 




Reference:

http://www.everyculture.com/Cr-Ga/Denmark.html

4 comments:

  1. I also had a c-section. It was not scheduled but I would not dilate past a seven due to my son being to big to fit through the birth canal. Everything was a blur to me as well. I agree that mothers-to-be need to take prenatal care as soon as they find out their pregnant for their sake and their baby's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. I agree with you having a healthy lifesyle makes all the difference in the development of a child and the mothers recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Ta’Shanae I really like reading your birth experience I agree with you on how women’s should be educated on prenatal care. I agree with you on how you mention how vital it is to see a doctor while pregnant that statement is so true because the more checkup you get you can be able to detect if something that may be trying to occur that you are unaware about. I remember having my third child and the doctor said that I will be having a miscarriage but I was thankful for the doctors to tell me to go home and stay off my feet as much as.. I can and I did exactly what she told me and my daughter is still here and healthy she is 11 years old. I totally believe that women’s need to keep all their appointments and take care of them. I am glad you shared your birth experience have a bless week and Happy new years and look forward to comment on your post in the future.
    Temika McCann

    ReplyDelete